If you are not Jonnie Downing, you are welcome to enter the drawing for "Cook Yourself Sexy: Easy Delicious Recipes for the Hottest, Most Confident You".
Believe it or not, we’re only 12 days away from restarting that annual resolution to eat a healthier diet. Kumai’s recipes look fresh and inviting — and surprisingly healthy.
To enter the drawing, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your NAME, MAILING ADDRESS and NAME OF THE BOOK you want. I don’t save or share this information.
Here’s a crowd-pleaser you can put on the holiday buffet even before the ball falls.
SWEET AND SALTY HONEY-GLAZED ALMONDS
Sweet Spice Mix
1/4 cup Sugar in the Raw
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups raw almonds
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Sugar in the Raw
1 tablespoon water
1. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Sweet Spice Mix.
2. Line a full baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
3. Place the almonds in a medium nonstick saute pan and roast over low heat for approximately 5 minutes. Turn the heat off.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the honey, sugar and water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, see Note.
Use caution: The bowl or cup will be extremely hot when you remove it.
5. Carefully pour the honey mixture over the almonds in the pan over low heat and toss with a rubber spatula to coat.
6. Sprinkle in the Sweet Spice Mix and toss to coat evenly.
7. Spread the almonds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Allow the nuts to cool and set for approximately 10 minutes.
– “Cook Yourself Sexy
Per serving: 240 calories, 18 grams fat, 8 grams protein, 4 grams fiber, 10 grams sugars, 117 milligrams sodium, 15 grams carbohydrate
Note: Microwave times may vary. Test your recipe between 1 minutes and 45 seconds and 2 minutes.