More marathon news from the race directors—Jan Comi and Mike Vieyra—of the Erie Marathon at Presque Isle (Sun., Sept. 16):
The update we sent out on September 4th has generated a few questions that we had not directly covered in that correspondence like: showers, USATF certification, packet pick-up hours, what race did I enter?, is there a bag drop?, etc… We also had a couple folks point out the date error we made on the packet pick-up note. We listed it as Saturday, which is correct, but the date should have read September 15th (sorry). Most of the answers to those questions are listed on our website (www.eriemarathon.org. ) but a few of them are not.
Info not on our website:
• Showers – sorry there are none in the park. However, we have hired a life guard for the Lake Erie beach that is only 100 feet from the finish line. It is refreshing after a long race.
• USATF certification – we indicate on our website that we do have this certification but did not provide the actual certification code – PA12042WB.
• Event confirmation – on the website above you can “Check your registration here” . If you don’t see your name or others you are looking for in the detail list you can look it up in our live data base search under the “New” button.
• Timing chips – we are now going to use non-returnable timing chips so there will be no need to get them clipped off at the finish line – yours to keep.
• Drop bag service at start/finish – we have it… as outlined in our FAQs.
If you registered by September 1st we are going to have your first name printed boldly on the race bib, ex. CHRISTIE.
An informative brochure on the Erie Marathon will be included in your race packet. This is recommended reading for Saturday evening. The centerfold is a map with all the aid stations, restrooms, mile markers, etc…
Things to remember from our most recent update:
• Second Harvest Food Bank – remember to bring a non-perishable item for collection by J. H. Bennett Moving & Storage.
• Parking, parking, parking, …… arrive early and beat the traffic. Please follow the directions of our parking marshals on race morning.
— Mike and Jan